FCF Fox Corporate Finance GmbH is delighted to publish the new “FCF Biotech Public Equity Monitor – November 2020”.
The Biotech Public Equity Monitor, part of FCF Life Sciences Research Series, is the most detailed and comprehensive valuation analysis for biotechnology and pharmaceutical companies in the micro, small and midcap market segment in Europe. Categorized by subsectors / indications, it provides relevant valuation metrics (e.g. ratios, multiples), general information, performance data, analyst consensus and shareholder analysis as well as statistics by region and subsector / indication.
The following trends were noted over the past year:
- The overall price development of the European therapeutics sector rose by an average of +20% last year
- Within the Therapeutics Sector, the Infectious Diseases sector recorded the highest share price performance within the last year with +125%, followed by Ophthalmology (+109%) and Respiratory (+52%)
- Analysts see an average upside potential of +130% in the share prices of the European Therapeutics Sector
The selection of companies is based on the following criteria:
- Companies operating in the biotechnology or pharmaceutical sector
- Headquarters located in Europe
- Current market capitalization is between EUR 50 million and EUR 1 billion as to focus on the micro – mid cap market segment instead of the large / blue chip companies
- Companies with a market capitalization below EUR 50m and above EUR 1 billion were excluded
- The therapeutics sector was further divided into the following indications: Oncology, Central Nervous System, Infectious Diseases, Immunology, Ophthalmology, Rare Diseases, Respiratory, Diversified and Others
- FCF may add additional companies on its own discretion (regardless of market capitalization)
To access the full report, please click here.