FCF Fox Corporate Finance GmbH is delighted to publish the new “FCF Biotech Venture Capital Monitor – USA 12/2023”.
The Monitor is a monthly published overview of venture capital trends in the US-Biotech sector.
As of the end of December 2023, we identify the following current VC trends in the US-Biotech sector:
- In 2023, overall Biotech funding in the USA has reached USD 23,607m
- Compared to December 2022 the financing volume decreased by roughly 26% (31,894m vs. 23,607m)
- The top 5 deals exceed USD 273m each, the largest transaction amounted to USD 401m with ElevateBio
- Bicara Therapeutics has the highest transaction Volume of USD 165m in December, followed by Lyndra Therapeutics USD 123m and Tome Biosciences USD 118m
- ARCH Venture Partners (USA) is leading the Top 5 Investors (by deal volume), followed by RA Capital Management (USA) and OrbiMed (USA)
- As an indication oncology records the highest investment activity
To access the full report, please click here.