FCF Fox Corporate Finance GmbH is delighted to publish the new “FCF Biotech Venture Capital Monitor – USA 08/2023”.
The Monitor is a monthly published overview of venture capital trends in the US-Biotech sector.
As of the end of August 2023, we identify the following current VC trends in the US-Biotech sector:
- In 2023, overall Biotech funding in the USA has reached USD 13,752m
- Compared to August 2022 the financing volume decreased by more than 40% (23,189m vs. 13,752m)
- The top 5 deals exceed USD 270m each, the largest transaction amounted to USD 401m with ElevateBio
- Cellares has the highest transaction Volume of USD 255m in August, followed by Genesis Therapeutics USD 224m and ADARx Pharmaceuticals USD 200m
- Flagship Pioneers (USA) is leading the Top 5 Investors (by deal volume), followed by ARCH Venture Partners (USA) and OrbiMed (USA)
- As an indication oncology records the highest investment activity
To access the full report, please click here.