FCF Fox Corporate Finance GmbH is delighted to publish the new “FCF Bank Monitor – Q3 2022”.
FCF regularly engages in research on the banking sector based on available data from the most active and largest 22 banking institutions in the German Mittelstand. The findings are published quarterly in the FCF Bank Monitor.
Credit Default Swaps: Analysis of the 1-/5-/10-Year Credit Default Swaps (CDS) Spreads, which serve as forward-looking risk indicators within the banking sector
Rating: Rating information of the large rating agencies
Performance: Key fundamental performance indicators for financial institutions
Bank Ranking: A ranking based on above criteria provides insight into the health and market perspective of the individual banking institutions, in addition to highlighting the relative performance between the institutions
League Tables: Most active banks in German mid-cap segment by lending volume
The FCF Bank Monitor should aid every executive in the German Mittelstand in the selection of their long-term banking partner, following the motto “Know-Your-Bank”.
Key findings of the FCF Bank Monitor (Q3 2022):
- 1-Year CDS Spreads: 23.8 bps to 159.4 bps (factor 6.7x)
- 5-Year CDS Spreads: 52.0 bps to 254.5 bps (factor 4.9x)
- 10-Year CDS Spreads: 65.0 bps to 285.2 bps (factor 4.4x)
- Ratings: AA- to BBB (factor 5 rating notches)
- League Table (Top 3): ING Bank, BayernLB, DZ Bank
- Most active banks in the German Mittelstand: Commerzbank and UniCredit