FCF Fox Corporate Finance GmbH is delighted to publish the new “FCF Life Sciences SPAC Monitor – 05/2021”.
The Monitor is a quarterly published overview focusing on the performance of life sciences companies after the merger (announcement) with a Special Purpose Acquisition Company (SPAC).
Key Findings of this FCF Life Sciences SPAC Monitor are:
- Since May 2020, 611 SPACs have been successfully listed on a public stock exchange. The current SPAC IPO pipeline consists of 324 SPACs
- More than half of the IPOs took place within the 1st Quarter of 2021 (317 IPOs)
- However, both the number of successful SPAC IPOs and the current SPAC IPO pipeline have been stagnating since April 2021. A potential reason could be an official statement published by the SEC in mid-April 2021 expressing its concerns about the current treatment of SPAC warrants as equity
- There are currently 15 healthcare companies that successfully merged with a SPAC
- In total, SPACs have acquired USD 3.54bn in life sciences assets, which are currently valued at USD 17.16bn (market cap)
- The acquisition of SOC Telemed, Inc. by Healthcare Merger Corp. has been the largest acquisition so far that amounted to USD 720m
- The greatest increase in share price since acquisition announcement has been observed at AdaptHealth Corp. (acquired by DFB Healthcare Acquisitions Corp.) by 156%
- Since inception, the FCF Life Sciences SPAC Index increased by 9%
To access the full report, please click here.