FCF Fox Corporate Finance GmbH is delighted to publish the new “FCF Life Sciences Venture Capital Monitor – Europe 05/2023”. The Monitor is a monthly published overview of venture capital trends in the European Life Sciences sector.
As of the end of May 2023 we identify the following current VC trends in Europe:
- In 2023, overall Life Sciences funding has reached EUR 3,963m
- Top 5 Deals exceed EUR 110m each, largest transaction amounted to EUR 683m in YgEia3 (United Kingdom)
- Revival Healthcare Capital (United States) dominates the Top 5 Investors (by deal volume), followed by Gilde Healthcare Partners (Netherlands) and European Innovation Council Fund (Belgium)
- Biotech received 45% of the total investment volume (-8% compare to the previous month)
- Oncology dominates as the top indication in Biotechnology
- YgEia3 closed a EUR 683m Series E financing round, increasing the funding volume for May 2023 significantly
To access the full report, please click here.