FCF Fox Corporate Finance GmbH is delighted to publish the new “FCF Life Sciences Venture Capital Monitor – Europe 01/2023”. The Monitor is a monthly published overview of venture capital trends in the European Life Sciences sector.
As of the end of January 2023 we identify the following current VC trends in Europe:
- In January 2023, overall Life Sciences funding has reached EUR 567m
- Top 5 Deals exceed EUR 25m each, largest transaction amounted to EUR 130m in Amolyt Pharma (France)
- Andera Partners (France) dominates the Top 5 Investors (by deal volume), followed by Kurma Partners (France) and Gilde Healthcare Partners (Netherlands)
- Biotech received 49% of the total investment volume
- Metabolic Disorders dominates as the top indication in Biotechnology
- The financing volume for Life Sciences in January 2023 is significantly lower and makes up only a third of the financing volume in January 2022
To access the full report, please click here.
By Dr. Mathias Schott, Johannes Link and Marco Buonafede-Bennardo.