FCF Fox Corporate Finance GmbH is delighted to publish the new “FCF Valuation Monitor – Q4 2022”.
The FCF Valuation Monitor is a comprehensive valuation analysis for the German small / midcap market segment and is published by FCF on a quarterly basis.
Key insights of Q4 2022 are:
- All four major German indices recovered well from the market shock in March 2020 in response to the global Covid-19 pandemic. However, after reaching record highs in November 2021, the indices have sold off sharply, before starting to climb again in the last quarter
- Investor uncertainty due to the Covid-19 pandemic, surging inflation and interest rates combined with the end of the central banks’ Asset Purchase Programs and the war in Ukraine led to a very volatile market development over the last twelve months with negative performances of all four major German indices
- Over the past quarter, all four major German indices recovered strongly from previous losses, despite a rising chance of an impending recession
- Over the last twelve months, nearly all industries showed a negative share price performance with losses ranging between -4.8% (Technology) and -52.2% (Internet Products / Services). Only the Renewable Products / Services sector recorded a positive performance of +21.0%
- Across all sectors, sales are expected to grow at 10.9% per annum between 2021 and 2024, while the Media & Entertainment and Renewable Products / Services sectors expect sales growth rates of above 20%