FCF Fox Corporate Finance GmbH is delighted to publish the new “FCF Life Sciences Venture Capital Monitor – Europe 01/2022”.
The Monitor is a monthly published overview of venture capital trends in the European Life Sciences sector.
As of the end of January 2022 we identify the following current VC trends in Europe:
- The current funding for life sciences amounts to EUR 957m and is thus about EUR 400m below the previous year’s level
- The top 5 deals are each above EUR 50m, the largest deal is above EUR 100m and took place in Germany (Patient21)
- Target Global (Germany) ranks first among the top 5 investors (by deal volume), followed by Piton Capital (UK) and Eight Roads (USA)
- 35% of total investment volume was placed in the biotech sector (+7% points month-on-month)
- Infectious diseases is the indication with the highest investment activity in the biotech sector
To access the full report, please click here.