FCF Fox Corporate Finance GmbH is delighted to publish the new “FCF Biotech Venture Capital Monitor – USA 03/2023”.
The Monitor is a monthly published overview of venture capital trends in the US-Biotech sector.
As of the end of March 2023, we identify the following current VC trends in the US-Biotech sector:
- In 2023, overall Biotech funding in the USA has reached USD 3,404m
- The top 5 deals exceed USD 120m each, largest transaction amounted to USD 185m in Cargo Therapeutics
- ARCH Venture Partners (USA) is leading the Top 5 Investors (by deal volume), followed by Google Ventures (USA) and 8VC (USA)
- Oncology dominates as the top indication
- Compared to March 2022 the entire financing volume has fallen by more than three times (11,782m vs. 3,404m)
- One reason for the significant difference in transaction volumes is the early-stage financing of Altos Labs (USA) amounting to USD 3,000m in January 2022
- In addition, the impact of the Ukraine conflict on the global economy is delayed.
To access the full report, please click here.